Special programs scattered throughout the year feature some of the best DC area storytellers, morris dancers, Chris Phillips and his Café for Socrates, Tomás Eaglebear, and many others.
For most of these we ask you to register in advance.
Only a few of the programs will appear on this calendar. For a complete list, please go directly to our program registration site
In addition we have some regularly scheduled programs for children.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. OR 11 a.m. Neighborhood Circle Time for children from birth through age five.
- Thursday 10:30 a.m. Spanish Circle Time for children from birth through age five.
- Bedtime Stories event one Monday evening each month at 7 p.m. for kids of all ages.
- Petites Chansons one Saturday each month, and occasional story sessions or special events on other Saturdays. Please register for Saturday events.
- Special programs for infants, one year olds, and two year olds are offered on Wednesday mornings on a rotating basis. Space is limited and Pre-registration is absolutely required. You will not be admitted if you are not registered.
Additional details at
our children's room blog
the city newsletter
Look for our special programs for adults who are job hunting or preparing their children for college.
For exact dates please check
the online registration database.
our news blog
Adult book discussions are sponsored by the Friends, anyone is welcome to attend any session, and no membership or registration is necessary.
For dates, times, online discussion, and the current book please check the Friends of the Takoma Park Maryland Library
We occasionally post supplementary information and links on the library's books blog
or news blog
We have two banned book clubs for children. Check the online registration database